Convent in the Bronx, NY
From the time that the Sisters were established in New York at the boarding house, “Casa María”, in 1924, Cardinal Hayes had expressed his desire to also have Sisters dedicated to caring for the sick in their own homes. His wish was granted with the foundation of a Community for this purpose in the Bronx, New York, on August 6, 1931. There were seven founding Sisters including Mother Corazón López. Currently the Sisters are dedicated to caring for the sick in their own homes.
Servants of Mary, Ministers to the Sick
3305 Country Club Road
Bronx, NY 10465-1296
Madre Superiora: Mother Ema Muñoz Aceves