Convent in Kansas City, KS – Provincial House
Divine Providence worked through the intervention of Mr. Sedgwick, an American convert to Catholicism, to bring about this foundation. Having known the Sisters in San Juan, Puerto Rico, he persevered in his intention and placed himself and his financial resources at the Sisters’ disposition. The foundation took place on October 29, 1917. There were eight founding Sisters including the Superior, Mother Amelia López.
The Province of the United States was established in 1913 and was previously known as the Province of Mexico. The Provincial government is based in this Kansas City convent, along with the Intensive Juniorate Sisters, the Sisters pursuing their nursing education and the Community of professed Sisters. Currently, the Sisters are dedicated to caring for the sick in their own homes at night, and a visiting nursing service is provided during the day.
Servants of Mary Ministers to the Sick
800 North 18th Street
Kansas City, KS 66102– 4291