Convent in Mexico City
On July 11, 1896 four Sisters from Cuba arrived for the first time in the port of Veracruz, Mexico. The next day they traveled by train to Mexico City to begin the first foundation in Mexico. It was Esther Pesado de Urrutia who had come to know about our charism through her sister, Sara Pesado de Landa, in Madrid. On July 30 Esther sent the Sisters to Ave María Street, #3 to a provisional asylum until they obtained the Bishop’s approval. The foundation took place on August 1, 1896, and later they moved to a new house. The founding Sisters were Mother Purificación Chillarón and three other Sisters. Currently, the Community is dedicated to caring for the sick in their own homes as well as in facilities and their clinic.
Siervas de María Ministras de los Enfermos
Dakota, 193. Col. Nápoles
Delegación Benito Juárez
03810 México, D F.
Tel. (555) 523-6952
Mother Superior: Mother Mª de la Luz Rodríguez Pérez