The Novitiate is the period of true religious initiation as a Servant of Mary. Thus, from the canonical point of view (cf. c. 646), the Novices become part of our religious family in which their membership will reach completion and stability by perpetual profession. During this two-year period, the Novices continue growing deeper in their relationship with God, in their prayer life and in knowledge of the consecrated life. The Novices are introduced to the history, spirit and charism of our Congregation and Constitutions. During the second year, they have the opportunity to experience and practice our ministry with the sick before professing their Temporary Vows of Chastity, Poverty and Obedience.
- Introduction to Sacred Scripture
- Fundamental, moral, spiritual and sacramental theology
- History and spirituality of the Institute
- Basic theory and practice in nursing
- Specific formation on our Constitution
- Personal, liturgical and community prayer
- Intense sacramental life
- Periodic interviews with the Mother Mistress and spiritual direction
- Fraternal life in common
- Experience in the apostolate
- Participation in the work and domestic tasks of the community
- Manual and recreational activities
The Novices who, having completed the period of Novitiate and are considered endowed with a vocation and the necessary qualities, shall be admitted to profess Temporary Vows for one year.
In preparation for profession, they shall make the Spiritual Exercises during eight complete days.